As Memorial Hermann moves through the changing landscape of healthcare, Supply Chain Management is continuing to partner with physicians to evaluate new technologies based upon clinical evidence. Advances in biologic products have been a challenge for both physicians and the health system. Utilizing Hayes, Inc.’s OnDemand custom consulting service, Memorial Hermann assessed the oversight and clinical spend on 2 key medical technologies. They utilized unbiased evidence assessments to gain alignment for recommendations on product standardization and/or elimination and utilization management.
Successes of the initiatives included:
- Annualized cost savings of approximately $6.3 million across 2 product lines
- Creation of established guidelines for introduction of new products
- Alignment of clinical staff and internal resources to make quicker, more informed decisions
- Strengthened support for better vendor negotiations
- Valuable time saved by clinicians
Check out this case study to see how we’ve saved a large hospital system millions of dollars.